Began in Goodmayes, Essex in the 1920s, then moved not long after to "The Ambassador Office", Barkingside.
See pictures in Comments, and also George Frederick Vallance.
The following was in Threshed Wheat 1933 - I think they had moved their depot from Goodmayes to Barkingside not long before.
FROM time to time our readers ask us just where Barkingside is, and it may be there are others who have not asked, but to whom the question has often occurred. Barkingside is nine miles from London, and three miles from Goodmayes, where the Ambassador Office originated. We are within easy reach of the City, and friends desiring to visit us are advised to take the train from Liverpool Street Station to Ilford, and then No. 26 Bus, which passes the door. But there is another matter in connection with Barkingside which is the real purpose of this paragraph. Around us there are a considerable number of new houses being built, and in a short while there will be quite a fair sized London suburb, but at the present time in the whole of this district there is no Church, no Chapel, Mission Hall or, in fact, any hall of any kind which can be used for Gospel purposes. And it is also interesting in this connection to mention that there is neither Cinema, Theatre nor Dance Hall. That there are Christians living in this area we have had abundant proof, and more than one parent has requested us to do what we could to commence a Sunday School for their children, as although only nine miles from London, there was no Sunday School handy to which their child could be sent. This matter reached a climax in May last when one mother came to tell us that her child was in tears because 'she could not go to Sunday School. There was no alternative but to tell her to send her child down the following Sunday and we would arrange a Sunday School— Somehow—Somewhere. That Sunday no less than fifty-three children presented themselves for Sunday School, and fortunately the weather was such that it was possible to conduct this on the lawn behind the Ambaissador Office. Excellent attention was given and many Gospel choruses learned. This was repeated the following Sunday and again the next, but as the weather was inclement we had to bring them into the Ambassador building. As several friends have helped us in this matter, we feel we would like them to know that we have now been able to procure a large Marque which has been erected next to our building and in which the Services, are now being conducted from week to week; already 105 children attend, and we are confident that the numbers will grow rapidly. We ask for a place in your prayers and trust that you will give us your kind thoughts at this time, as there is no doubt that this is a work of God brought to our notice to meet a present and immediate need, and had we failed to have done what was practically forced upon us, we feel we should have failed im our purpose of being here. One has often emphasised the fact that there is no need to go to darkest Africa to evangelise, as the need is often at one\s doors, but little did we think or anticipate that this would be exemplified in such a remarkable way as we have briefly detailed above. Any friend interested will be welcomed Sunday afternoons at 3 p.m., and if any would like further information we should be pleased to furnish same upon hearing from you. Winter when the Marque will not be of service, We have to face the coming Autumn and Winter when the marque will not be of service, but we are waiting upon God for definite guidance in this matter so that we may not be behind when the time comes. Yours in the Master's service,
The interesting story of the Sunday School work continues in T.W. 1933 p105 with a picture of a Tent that was being used for this as well as other Gospel meetings, p117 a further breif description, and p137 an article "The Story of Pat" about how it all commenced. (All these page numbers as per the pdf not the original.)
In the next year's volume (1934), p10 a picture of the new hall which is to be built. p33, an update on this, and p45 "Opening of the new Fairlop Gospel Hall". p70, a full page article about the opening services at the new hall. p129 another update.
The hall is listed in the 1959 list as being located on Fencepiece Road.
Today it still exists, but is called "Fairlop Evangelical Church" .. a picture can be seen from Google Street View;
Picture of the new depot from T.W. 1932.
Thanks Iain .. nice to hear from you btw :) It's good that the church retains some assembly characteristics, and the Breaking of Bread.
The other one looks to be in the 1959 Book, and listed as; Hainault, Essex, Community Centre, Manford Way.