* This page is a work in progress and currently incomplete.
Another useful page with information on publishers is http://www.scripture-truth.org.uk/our_history.htm.
Took over T.H. Gregg's publishing business, at 24 Warrick Lane around 1856/7. Later moved to 20 Paternoster Square, which was also listed under many other names, such as "London Gospel Tract Depot", "Gospel Book Depot", etc. Later also 114 Camberwell Road.
See George Morrish
Open Brethren publishers which published periodicals such as "The Believer's Pathway", and "The Northern Witness".
In the Commercial Gazette for 1881 we have listed "Turner George & Co., publishers and booksellers, 40 Sauchiehall-street, Glasgow; June 30. Debts by John R. Caldwell, who continues at 40 Sauchiehall-street as The Publishing Office. George Turner will carry on business at 249 Argyle-street, Glasgow, as George Turner & Co."
In an 1884 Post Office Directory it is listed as "The Publishing Office, publishers, booksellers, printers, and bookbinders; Wm. Kyle, manager."
Also used the address heading, Office of "Herald of Salvation".
Operated from 21 Paternoster Row in the 1870s, and 14 Paternoster Row, London by the early 1880s.
See Alfred Holness