The website will continue to develop to look less like a personal enterprise and provide as many tools as possible to aid user submitted content. All suggestions in this area are appreciated! Many thanks to all those who have contributed to this site already.
Here are some ways users may be able to assist in developing this collection;
- Add a Scanned Document; any books or pamphlets you might be able to scan, something found on Google Books etc. Note, we can clean up scans and make them look nice if necessary. These can be added in a few ways, firstly if you know the author, and they have a page under the People section, then in the top right-hand corner of that page there is an 'Edit' link. Click on this, and then at the top there is a link to add a scan under the person's name. This brings up a simple interface to upload a document. Secondly, if you don't know the author, or for something more general, please use the 'Add Scan' link in the top-right corner of the Bookshelf page. Thirdly, attach by email to email@example.com.
- Text Articles can be added in a similar way using the link on the Bookshelf page, top-right hand corner.
- Help transcribe Manuscripts; On the Manuscripts page, items need help with providing a transcript of the handwritten text. Look out for those marked in red and yellow which are incomplete. There should be an 'Edit Transcript' link under the transcript on each item, which when clicked brings up a text editor. N.B. all changes are backed up so no harm can be done!
- Update information in the People section; On each Person page there is an Edit button which allows the updating of dates, and also biographical information and other notes, which can be edited via a wiki type interface.
- Comments; most pages on the site have the ability to leave comments which can obviously be used to discuss that particular item, add more information on it, or ask questions. Thankfully regular users are often quick to help out with answers to these. Comments can be left anonymously if desired.
- Clean up OCR'd text - Most of the scanned pamphlets have been OCR'd and can be searched but the OCR'd text needs some cleanup. This feature to be added soon.
- Any other content that might be suitable for publication can be sent in by email.
- Lastly, happy to collaborate and work together with others who may have similar websites, or be thinking of starting one etc, or would like to join in with this project.